- Name: Andrew P. Lannon, Esq., B.C.S.
- Phone: 407-670-8728
- E-mail: email@example.com
One of only two attorneys in Florida board certified in both Business Litigation and City, County & Local Government Law by the Florida Bar. Appointed to the Eighteenth Circuit Court Judicial Nominating Commission by Governor Rick Scott on January 25, 2016. Former City Attorney of Palm Bay, the largest city in Brevard County, the 12th largest city in Florida by land area, and the 18th largest city in Florida by population.
Overview and Experience
I am intimately familiar with land use and zoning matters having handled thousands of them while City Attorney for one of the largest cities in Florida. As for my appellate experience, in addition to starting my legal career clerking for Justice Peggy A. Quince at the Florida Supreme Court, I have handled countless appeals at every appellate court applicable to Florida (state and federal) save the United States Supreme Court. Regarding commercial litigation, I have personally handled matters involving hundreds of billions of dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. In addition to being board certified by the Florida Bar in Business Litigation, most people fail to realize that a major city like Palm Bay is a corporation, a Florida municipal corporation. On average, my staff and I handled 330 cases annually. Please allow me the opportunity to help with your business litigation matter.
AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 10.0 Superb rated by Avvo, and Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Education, Certification and Bar Admissions
- Education: The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law : (Washington, D.C., Juris Doctor, 2003) College of the Holy Cross : (Worcester, MA, Bachelor of Arts, Classics Major, 1996)
- Board Certifications: Board Certified in City, County and Local Government Law by the Florida Bar, 2013 – present Board Certified in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar, 2015 – present
- Bar Admissions: State of Florida United States Supreme Court United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit United States District Court, Northern District of Florida United States District Court, Middle District of Florida United States District Court, Southern District of Florida United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Intern to Judge Russell F. Canan
September 2001 – November 2001
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Felony Criminal Docket.
United States Department of Justice
Intern, Office of Legal Policy
January 2002 – May 2002
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Assisted President George W. Bush’s administration with judicial nominations.
United States Securities and Exchange Comission
Student Observer, Division of Enforcement” and then below that to state “Was one of a handful of students selected from law schools around the United States of America to participate in the Student Observer Program during which I interned at the Office of Internet Enforcement.
Florida Supreme Court
Staff Attorney to Justice Peggy A. Quince
August 2003 – July 2005
Tallahassee, Florida Area
Served as Justice Quince’s staff attorney for two years.
Stump, Callahan, Dietrich & Spears, P.A.
July 2007 to October 2008
Orlando, Florida area
Represented business entities and individuals in commercial litigation, construction litigation, intellectual property litigation and appellate matters.
Holland & Knight LLP
July 2005 – June 2007
Orlando, Florida Area
Represented business entities and individuals in
commercial litigation, construction litigation and appellate matters.
City of Palm Bay Florida
City Attorney Managed both the Palm Bay City Attorney’s Office and Risk Management Department, proudly saving Palm Bay taxpayers nearly 8 million in just six (6) years due to extremely hard work, excellent staff and effective advocacy.
Lannon Land Litigation Local Law, PLLC
August 2018 – Present
City, County & Local Government Law
Land Use & Zoning
Ethics Representation for Elected Officials
Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation