- Name: Andrew Patrick. Lannon, Esq., B.C.S.
- Phone: 407-670-8728
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Patrick. Lannon, Esq., B.C.S.* Lannon Land Litigation Local Law, PLLC Florida Bar Board Certified In Both Business Litigation And City, County & Local Government Law. Appointed to the Eighteenth Circuit Court Judicial Nominating Commission by Governor Rick Scott on January 25, 2016. Former City Attorney of Palm Bay, the largest city in Brevard County, the 12th largest city in Florida by land area, and the 18th largest city in Florida by population.
Overview and Experience
* Florida Super Lawyers: 2021 (top 5% of lawyers practicing in Florida).* Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013 and 2012 (top 1% of lawyers practicing in Florida).* 1 of only 2 attorneys (out of over 100,000 licensed to practice law in the State of Florida) double board certified by the Florida Bar in Business Litigation and City, County and Local Government Law, a recognized expert in these areas.* Clerked at Florida Supreme Court for the Honorable Peggy Quince.* Worked at an Am Law 100 firm in its commercial litigation and appellate departments.* Appointed City Attorney for one of the top 15 largest cities – out of all 412 cities – in Florida for 7 years.* During legal career, worked in private practice and in all stages of government: federal, state and local.* Vice Chair – Florida Bar’s Business Litigation Board Certification Committee (2018 – Present).* Executive Council – Florida Bar’s City, County & Local Government Law Section (former member (2015-2018) – (1) Professionalism and Ethics Committee Chair – May 2016-2018; and (2) Secretary/Treasurer – May 2017-2018).* AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.* 10.0 Superb rated by Avvo.* Top Rated Appellate Lawyer – 2018 and 2017.* Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation – 2013.* Life-long Republican (e.g., Abraham Lincoln and Dwight D. Eisenhower, NOT Donald Trump or Tea Party) and Member of The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies.* Devout Roman Catholic and 3rd Degree Member of the Knights of Columbus.* Ardent advocate for the homeless.
Palm Bay is a city in SE Florida with nearly $200 million in infrastructure needs, particularly roads and stormwater canals. My decade working in the Palm Bay City Attorney’s Office provided me with the very unique experience of solving these challenges hand-in-hand with government representatives employed by St. Johns River Water Management District, Army Corps of Engineers, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and the Environmental Protection Agency. These experiences and the many stormwater-related matters / lawsuits I have handled in the course of my career led me to specialize in the representation of individuals and corporations suffering from / with stormwater-related issues.
Education, Certification and Bar Admissions
- Education: The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law : (Washington, D.C., Juris Doctor, 2003) College of the Holy Cross : (Worcester, MA, Bachelor of Arts, Classics Major, 1996)
- Board Certifications: Board Certified in City, County and Local Government Law by the Florida Bar, 2013 – present Board Certified in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar, 2015 – present Florida Bar Board Certified In Both Business Litigation And City, County & Local Government Law
- Bar Admissions: State of Florida United States Supreme Court United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit United States District Court, Northern District of Florida United States District Court, Middle District of Florida United States District Court, Southern District of Florida United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Intern to Judge Russell F. Canan
September 2001 – November 2001
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Felony Criminal Docket.
United States Department of Justice
Intern, Office of Legal Policy
January 2002 – May 2002
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Assisted President George W. Bush’s administration with judicial nominations.
United States Securities and Exchange Comission
Student Observer, Division of Enforcement” and then below that to state “Was one of a handful of students selected from law schools around the United States of America to participate in the Student Observer Program during which I interned at the Office of Internet Enforcement.
Florida Supreme Court
Staff Attorney to Justice Peggy A. Quince
August 2003 – July 2005
Tallahassee, Florida Area
Served as Justice Quince’s staff attorney for two years.
Stump, Callahan, Dietrich & Spears, P.A.
July 2007 to October 2008
Orlando, Florida area
Represented business entities and individuals in commercial litigation, construction litigation, intellectual property litigation and appellate matters.
Holland & Knight LLP
July 2005 – June 2007
Orlando, Florida Area
Represented business entities and individuals in
commercial litigation, construction litigation and appellate matters.
City of Palm Bay Florida
City Attorney Managed both the Palm Bay City Attorney’s Office and Risk Management Department, proudly saving Palm Bay taxpayers nearly 8 million in just six (6) years due to extremely hard work, excellent staff and effective advocacy.
Lannon Land Litigation Local Law, PLLC
August 2018 – Present
City, County & Local Government Law
Land Use & Zoning
Ethics Representation for Elected Officials
Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation